Saturday, June 16, 2012

Service doesn't always have to be work...

Sometimes service is just fun and exciting.  My wife and I are traveling to Fiji this summer to reward ourselves for surviving this masters program, and hey, it was so expensive, we got the tickets in the miles we earned paying for it.  So, Fiji, here we come, assuming we finish this debate.  While we are there, we booked a live-aboard diving trip.  This trip includes a day of service at a local community.  I'm sure we will give back and help in many ways, but I'm pretty sure it will feel like pure fun and excitement.  I have a feeling we may get more out of it than the community.  

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome - hope you have a great time. What exactly is a live-aboard diving trip just out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am so happy for you and your grand adventures in service. I wrote and published to your blog last week and I don't see it from my end. I hope you got my reply. I am excited and so so happy for you, that you have found the world of service. It will have lasting effects on your soul and all those who you encounter along the way!!! God Bless, Shaune

    ReplyDelete